So, San Francisco summer is just now ramping up and we are cooling down out here on the East Coast. I have socks on. Mt. Diablo is burning. Last night we tried to sell the kid on an electric blanket this winter, but tomorrow should spike up in a freak bout of low-90s weirdness (which is fantastic because I'm meeting some pals at their Cape house for the day, hooray).
If I had to grade the summer, here's what I'd say:
B+. Both heat waves and thunderstorms were lopsided toward the beginning, thinning out at the middle and end. Slightly premature finish, but the noticeably fewer intrusive insects were greatly appreciated, especially the mostly unseen nightly chorus. You really sang for my BFF's weeklong visit. Begin sooner, end later, and seek equilibrium next year for top marks.
Hoping I can sneak in a few more end-of-summer outfits in before the thick socks and cashmere tights get unpacked, though. This one was kind of obnoxiously bright and fun to wear. My J. Crew striped shorts and merino pullover (the color is Retro Lemon and I love that name), a girly-pearly collar from JewelMint, white and gold studded bangles from Nordstrom and a color-blocked clutch from Elliot Lucca (I also love this version in white leather + rattan at Macy's). The strappy nude platform sandals are Zara, and the sunglasses are from Anthropologie.
I really love the gradient colors in these sunglasses and think they'll be super cute through fall, not that I'm really sold on the whole "autumn/fall requires separate sunglasses" business. But they'll be nice with my field jacket, for sure.
Here's a roundup of some good stuff:
- New Julie Ruin, have you heard it yet? Go get tickets to a show!
- For an ultra cute attack: Watch this talented little otter play dead with his trainer
- Pleasantly surprised by this Hunter x Rag & Bone collaboration and NEED the black and blue pair, please
- Have you seen this portrait series of men in traditionally feminine spaces and postures? Here's my favorite
- If I were filthy stinking rich, I'd buy this Stella Jean dress to wear to my little brother's wedding next month
Hope everyone's September is off to a lovely fresh start!