No. 1 History
Thanksgiving's almost here!
I'm getting so excited. My plaid dress from Karen Walker is all ready, I just finished a beautiful manicure to go with it, now all I have to do is make final decisions about which tights and shoes to wear. I spent all day cleaning in preparation for the in-laws, so tomorrow is just finishing touches and a bit of laundry, plus a few fast, easy trips to grab things like fresh produce and flowers and whatnot, and then baking! M is working from home and the petite's break started today, and everything is going to be lovely. (Even if the weather says rain. I hope my mother has lots of firewood. So cozy!)
I bet you're wondering what on earth my crazy absurd collage is all about, eh? Well, they're some of my favorite at the moment - I'll kindly elaborate!
- Zoya's Dea nail polish. The description said it was a warm milky light brown, and that's exactly what it is! So natural. My Thanksgiving manicure has this as a base, with dark berry tips (Jessica's Sexy Siren). The two are lovely together!
- Dahlias. One of my favorite flowers, especially mixed in bouquets with blood red, gold and muted pink blooms.
- Rediscovering my old Besame foundation, I'll tell you why when we get to No. 6!
- Best Coast's album. I know, I know! I can't help it. The petite and I are obsessed. We watch this video (Drew Barrymore did it!) A LOT.
- Silver spring clips! Mine are glorious and from a little trinket shop in Dublin. I took a thin piece of wood and put seven wee nails into it, hammered the whole shebang into the wall, and now I have a brand new place to hang my scarves in the bedroom! Just clip the corner of the scarf and hang it on a nail! It's organized and gorgeous.
- The Beauty Blender. I was kind of skeptical but figured what the hell, why not? I'm so glad I did, these things are fussy but worth it, I think. The Besame foundation (#3) is so pigmented and rich that it was next to impossible to apply to get the finish I wanted, but the BB does it beautifully.
- ALL THE GRAVY AND BUTTER AND ROLLS. It's kind of silly because 2/3 of this is generally available to me all the time. Add my mama's turkey gravy and the experience becomes elevated and holy. I don't know. I'm a bread and butter, meat and potatoes kind of girl, so the Thanksgiving meal is kind of my jam. I focus on the basics and completely ignore the rest. In this regard M & I are truly perfect for one another, because she loathes turkey (and I ham) and gobbles up all the sides. Match made in heaven, kids.
- Poppy King for Boots No. 7! I picked up one of these the other day on a whim. I chose No. 1 - History, of course, it's the boldest true red of the bunch. On me, it's actually a really wearable shade of red. It goes on semi-sheer in brick red with just a hint of rosiness, and this might be an odd thing to say, but it fades beautifully. Some lipsticks fade horribly, you know what I mean. That or they just disappear altogether. But this fades evenly and leaves a super fresh light red berry color behind, almost like a stain!